indulgences to relieve cost of sin

read article here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/06/wpope106.xml

Jesus was clear on this issue ~ if you believe in me you will be with me for all eternity. All but one of these verses below was spoken by Jesus, Himself. If there were another way (such as, purgatory, praying to statues, visiting shrines, etc.) then I am confident because of the magnitude of this doctrine that He would have spoken that as well.

This article and its beliefs calls into question why Jesus would suffer torment and die on our behalf if forgiveness of sins was as easy as getting on a plane, visiting a statue made of perishable material and praying to it???? At the very least, this is unscriptural and borders on blasphemy. Let us pray that those misled would "...demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and would take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

John 14:6 ~ "Jesus said, "I am The Way, I am The Truth, I am The Life, NO ONE comes to the Father except through me."

John 1:29 ~ "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

John 11:25 ~ "Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?” 27 She said to him, “Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who is coming into the world.”

John 3:16 ~ "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

John 5:24 ~ "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

John 6:47 ~ "Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life."

1 comments:

Julie said...

So sad that many think this way. I have friends who put so much enegry toward this type of thinking.
In pray with you sister.
Thanks for sharing.