Are we having any biblical fellowship?

I can often become extremely discouraged as I listen to and observe the topic(s) of conversation among women in the church. The Lord quickly convicts me when my own words are not those that edify, exhort, encourage, build up, hold accountable and give grace to those who hear. I am also convinced that Satan has infiltrated our churches and has kept us immobile and numb to those who are desperate and needy among us.

One of the major ways he does this with us as sisters is to keep our conversation stayed on the worldly, the superficial, the materialistic, and the social. My prayer for myself as well as my sisters in Christ across the globe, and especially in America, is that we will make Jesus Christ our great and glorious satisfaction. That He would be made known in our conversations, that He would increase and we would decrease. That we would be held accountable by each other, that we would be compelled to worship by each other, that we would be moved to love the unlovable. That we would force each other out of our comfort zones... not for the glory of any specific church or person but for the glory of Jesus Christ alone. That He would be the focus and adoration of our words. We have far too great a God to sit idly by in our comfortable American churches feeling quite satisfied with ourselves. We have been adopted by the Great I Am and commissioned with the greatest news in the history of His world.... the Gospel of Jesus Christ!! Let us open our mouths and speak of His wonders, His life, His death, His resurrection and His glorious return!! Amen.

On that note, I came across some helpful questions to spur on biblical fellowship. Enjoy!!

Great blog: http://www.girltalkhome.com/blog//

Questions for Biblical Fellowship

1. What is one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year and what are you doing to this end?
3. Who is one person you would like to spend time with asking questions about their relationship with the Lord?
4. What is one new way you could help strengthen the church?
5. What is one thing you could do to improve your prayer life?
6. What habit would you most like to establish this year?
7. Who do you most want to encourage this year?
8. What book, in addition to the Bible, do you most want to read this year?
9. In what area of your life do you most need growth and what will you do about it?
10. What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Heather, thanks for challenging
me with these questions. Hope all is well with you and the family. Miss you guys and hope to see you next time your in Lafayette.

heather young said...

My wonderful friend, Denise, pointed out that I might need to check the grammar in my post, it was a little late when I typed it and........ I have most definitely changed a couple of sentences. One of which is that Jesus must increase and we must decrease, not the other way around. So.... THANK YOU DENISE, MOST SINCERELY!!!!