2007-2008

Highlights of Baylee's year:

~ Coming a long way in her study of the drumset.

~ Baylee was nominated by one of her teachers to serve as a Junior National Scholar at the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C.

~ Stanford Achievement Test (SAT) ~ scored above average in 68 of 75 clusters. Scored Advanced ~ 747 ~ on the Bible Assessment subtest of the SAT.

~ Report Card ~ Scored 95% or above in every subject for the year.

~ Was awarded "Outstanding Achiever" presented by the principal for receiving the highest GPA in her class.

Received the following awards:

~ "Diligence Award"
~ "High Honor Roll" ~ for every 6 weeks as well as the entire year

The following are for 95% or above for the entire year:

~ "Bible Award"
~ "Language Award"
~ "Reading Award"
~ "Spelling Award"
~ "Science Award"

~ Also this year during her festival and recital she earned a Superior Rating for her piano performances.

~ During her studies in poetry Baylee penned the following two poems:

One is in limerick style:

"Georgine"
There was an old maid named Georgine,
Who wished she were still a young teen.
So, she tried spells and hexes
Incantations and vexes,
She was still one-hundred-nineteen!

One is in free-verse style:

"Skating"
Brrrrrrrrrrrr!
It's so cold!
I can't do it!
My feet are so, wobbly!
Comeon,
Do it!
I took a deep breath,
Then stepped onto the ice.
Zooooooooom!
Another skater whizzed by.
How does he do it?
I can't do it!
I held onto the rail,
And took one step at a time,
I move my feet a little faster.
Faster,
Faster,
Faster!
I can do it!
It feels like flying!
I have wings on my feet!
I'm skating.
I can do it!

We are so proud of Baylee and all that the Lord is doing inside and through her. Our prayer is that she continually enjoy God and bring Him glory. As one of your teachers wrote..... "we believe that the Lord has already begun a good work in you"!! We love you!!

3 comments:

Katie B said...

Love the poetry! I know you guys are proud of the Godly young lady she is becoming.

Sean Walker said...

AND!!!!!...... she practically runs the middle school room for us on Sunday mornings!

I came in a few weekends ago to speak to the middle school and she was in charge. not in a "everybody do what I tell you" kind of way, but in a "what can I do to help?" kind of way, in a very serving manner, she led the room. She was fantastic!

I'm not surprised at all to hear about these other accolades. She will be one of the people that I follow as she grows up and moves on in life b/c I can't wait to hear the stories of how God has used her.

She is a blessing, but I know you and Ward already know that :)

heather young said...

Sean - you are amazing. Thank you so much. I sent you an e-mail:)